RECOMMENDATION FOR SPEAKERS
- All speakers must check-in with the technician at the Speakers Ready Room a minimum of 3hr before your session starts – earlier if possible. You are welcome to upload your slides the day before your presentation too.
- Presentation remains the property of the author and not to be used without its permission.
- Please arrive in time in the conference room before the start of your presentation.
- Tell the moderator any details of your work and familiarize yourself with remote control projector, the timer and the microphone.
- Strictly Follow the instructions of the moderator.
If using a PowerPoint presentation (or any other PC based application), please note you need to bring it on USB Memory stick or CD/DVD and load it on one of the conference’ computers in the Speakers’ Ready Room at least 3 hours before the start of the session.
Please note that the conference computers in the session halls are being supplied with Office 2016 (at least).
If combining video films with PowerPoint, please make sure to check it in the session hall where your lecture is taking place during a coffee or lunch break prior to your session, at least 3 hours before the start of the session – even after checking it in the Speakers’ Ready Room.
Alternatively, you may supply your own laptop computer. In such a case please confirm that it has a VGA socket for external signal and come to check it first in the Speakers’ Ready Room as soon as you arrive and later on in the session hall where your lecture is taking place during the coffee or lunch break prior to your session, at least 60 minutes before the start of the session.
Important note for Macintosh users:
In order to use MAC presentations on a PC compatible computer please note that you need to prepare it according to the instructions below, before bringing it to the Speakers’ Ready Room:
- Save the presentation, which was prepared on a Mac, as a PC-based PowerPoint presentation.
- Use a common font, such as Arial, Times New Roman, Verdana etc. (special fonts might be changed to a default font on a PowerPoint based PC).
- Insert pictures as JPG files (and not TIF, PNG or PICT – these images will not be visible on a PowerPoint based PC).
Alternatively, you may use your own Macintosh laptop computer. In such a case please advise the operators in the Speakers’ Ready Room about it as soon as you arrive and later on test it in the session hall where your lecture is taking place during the coffee or lunch break prior to your session, at least 60 minutes before the start of the session.
We strongly recommend not using own computers for presentation. Please note that the time used for connecting own computer will be deducted from the total presentation time.
Speakers Presentation Check Desk
It is located within the event location (Grand Hotel Italia), with the following schedule:
- Wednesday, September 13, 2017 09:00 – 19:00
- Thursday, September 14, 2017 07:30 – 19:00
- Friday, September 15, 2017 07:30 – 18:00
- Saturday, September 16, 2017 08:30 – 13:00
- Please bring your presentation on the following media: portable CD-ROM, DVD, USB stick, external hard drive.
- Power Point versions that can be used are: ‘ 97, 2000, XP, 2003, 2007, 2010, 2016.
- Save with the extension *. ppt or pps-.-. Do not use the function pack&go. Make sure that all files with movies are saved on separate portable racks.
- Flash animations can not be designed.
- All files must be in the same directory.
- Do not use passwords for files.
- We recommend you to use common fonts: Times New Roman, Calibri, Verdana, Arial.
- If you are using Power Point or Keynote Mac please export your presentation as *.ppt-for Windows
Dear colleagues, The Scientific Committee of the SeENS Congress and RSN Congress thank you for your acceptance to moderate, one or more of it’s sessions. You have an important position in ensuring the success of these events. Hopefully the following information will be helpful.
Before the session:
- Identify the Conference Hall where the session will be held and reach it with a few minutes before work.
- Meet with technical assistant in charge of this room. If you encounter any problem, please ask technical assistant to help you in this regard.
During the session:
- Remember your audience from switching their phones on silent mode.
- Start the session on time, even if participation is low.
- Do not accept violations of presentation time.
- It is not permitted the filming or photography during the session, other than the official ones.
- Let know the changes that have been supplied by the organizers (if any).
INSTRUCTIONS FOR E-POSTER PRESENTERS
Abstracts selected for E-Poster viewing presentation are requested to prepare ONLY an E-Poster which can be viewed at the E-Poster stations throughout the Meeting.
Electronic Posters or E-posters are similar to traditional paper posters, but displayed on-site on a large LCD television screen and are available for electronic viewing at all times for participants.
These posters do not require printing or production of materials – as your work will be presented electronically.
All authors will be contacted for all preparation details and technical aspects of E-posters.
Presenters should be at the E-Poster viewing stations 10 minutes before the start of the E-Poster Discussion Session and remain there until the session has finished. Each presenter has been allocated 7 minutes to present his/her E-Poster, which include 2 minutes for discussion.
Guidelines for E-Posters presentation:
- Presentation in Power Point format (PPT), maximum 8 slides, English
- Please hand work on a memory stick at the Center to take charge of the works
- The display interval of the E-Posters is:
- Thursday, September 14, 2017 15:00 – 19:00
- Friday, September 15, 2017 08:00 – 12:00
Evaluation of the posters will take place on September 15, 2017 between 13:30-14:30 by a Commission established by the Scientific Committee
- In this range is recommended as one of the authors of the paper to be present for the assessment of the work.